Course bookThe recommended course book is Introduction to Data Compression by Khalid Sayood. Both the newest fourth edition (ISBN 978-0-12-415796-5) and the third edition (ISBN 978-0-12-620862-7) can be used. The third edition is also available in electronic form (see below).
Electronic booksThe third edition of Sayood's book is available in electronic form:
- Discrete Markov models (in english)
- Diskreta markovmodeller (in swedish)
- Problem collection
- Tables and formulas
- Suggested solutions for Sayood 2nd ed., ch. 2-12
- Uniform quantization of Gaussian distribution
- "A Tutorial on MPEG/Audio Compression", Davis Pan
- "A Tutorial on MPEG/Audio Compression", Davis Pan, figures
- Compendium for lab 3
- Block schedule for lab 3
- Computer lesson, quantization
- Computer lesson, predictive coding
- Computer lesson, transform coding
Lecture slidesAll lecture notes will be published here during the course.
- Slides for lectures 1-4: Introduction, lossless coding
- Slides for lectures 5-6: Quantization
- Slides for lecture 7: Linear predictive coding
- Slides for lectures 8-9: Colour images, transform coding, subband coding
- Slides for lecture 10: Psychoacoustics, audio coding
- Slides for lectures 11-12: Video coding
- Slides for lecture 12: Speech coding (preliminary version)
Theoretical examplesSome of the examples that have been shown on the lectures.
Practical examplesExamples of audio and image coding that have been shown on the lectures.
Informationsansvarig: Harald Nautsch
Senast uppdaterad: 2018-05-18