Main course literature
- TCP/IP Protocol Suite, Behrouz A. Forouzan, 4th edition, McGraw-Hill. Student solutions.
- Networked Life, 20 Questions and Answers, Mung Chiang, Cambridge University Press. The electronic version can be found by searching on the University Library webpage. Specific chapters: 11,12,16,17
- Optical Networks: A Practical Perspective, Rajiv Ramaswami, 3rd Edition, Morgan Kaufmann. Electronic version. Specific chapters: 1,7,10.
Other good literature
- Convex Optimization by Stephen Boyd and Lieven Vandenberghe.
- Data Communications and Networking, Behrouz A. Forouzan, McGraw-Hill.
- Computer Networks and Internets, Douglas E. Comer, Pearson
- Computer Networks, Tenenbaum, Wetherall, Pearson
- Computer Networking, A Top-Down Approach, James F. Kurose and Keith W. Ross, Pearson
- Introduction to data compression, Khalid Sayood
- Elements of Information Theory, Thomas M. Cover, Joy A. Thomas
- Digital communications, John Proakis
- Internet RFCs: See RFC Sourcebook and RFC Editor
Lecture slidesThe lecture slides will be made available during the course.
- Lecture 1
- Lecture 2
- Lecture 3
- Lecture 4
- Lecture 5
- Lecture 6
- Lecture 7
- Lecture 8
- Lecture 9
- Lecture 10
- Solutions (updated Dec 1)
- Additional problems for lesson 1
- Solutions for additional problems for lesson 1
- Additional problems for lesson 2
- Solutions for additional problems for lesson 2
- Additional problems for lesson 4
- Solutions for additional problems for lesson 4
- Additional problems for lesson 5 (updated Dec 1)
- Solutions for additional problems for lesson 5
- Additional problems for lesson 6 (preliminary)
Page responsible: Harald Nautsch
Last updated: 2016-12-05